January 18, 2020

Keeping focused on our goals

Meet Maria

Counting down to our epic adventure is exciting and at times exhausting.  There are days it feels like it is so far away.  Then I remember that it didn’t seem all that long ago that we were excited about being within 2 years of our trip.  And now, we’re in the single digits counting down the # of months!

We’ve recently been hit with a rare winter storm, something not too common out here on the west coast of Canada.  Having lived in Manitoba for a number of years we are not new to snow and cold but we’ve become accustomed to not having to deal with “winter”.   That said, I have to admit that I am enjoying the brightness that comes with a blanket of fresh white snow.  Leading up to these stormy days it had been pretty grey and dreary.  I’ve been happy not to have to have my “happy light” on to keep those winter blahs at bay.  And, it helps to remind ourselves that our next “winter” will be spent on the sunny warm beaches of Mexico!


This is where Maria comes in...on those days where it seems like the work will never end, the issues will never quiet and the stress that comes from a busy career won’t wane, I look down on my desk to watch Maria swaying back and forth rhythmically.  She helps me to reset, take in a deep breath and reassures me that with each day our journey gets closer.  In the end the stress of the work day will pass, the urgent issue will be resolved and all will be ok.  Inviting Maria into my work day was my husband’s excellent idea.  He recognized there were days I needed something to help me refocus on our goal and the excitement that awaits only a few more months away.  I love this little hula girl, she is the perfect calming influence with her hypnotic tick, tick, tick as she sways her hips and plays her ukulele.



Until next time/Hasta la proxima vez!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts