May 29, 2020

Grey Hair Freedom!

Another preparation...

So as part of our preparation for our big adventure I decided to make a big decision.  I’ve “ditched the dye” and am “embracing my grey”. After 20+ years of dying my hair I realized I was more and more quickly losing the battle with the greys.  Within days of dying my hair the grey’s would pop out driving me crazy.  Not just that, but because I’m cheap and honestly can’t stand to sit in a hairdresser’s chair for hours on end, I did it myself. Thankfully, my hair is very healthy and even though I used store bought “box dyes”, whenever I got a haircut the hair dresser would always comment on how healthy my hair was.  I was grateful that dying it frequently myself didn’t fry it.  What I wasn’t grateful for were the “surprises” left behind in my bathroom.  Even with strategic placement of towels on the floor and counter and ever so careful application, I’d inevitably end up with splatters of dye on the wall or a corner of the counter the towel didn’t cover.  AND, I often wouldn’t find them until the dye had nicely set up and dried making removal impossible.  And let’s just say the hassle of having to dye my hair while on our adventure and risk ruining the small bathroom in our beautiful RV was not something I wanted to do. Plus, in all honesty, I’m ever so curious to know how it will look.  Will it be more salt than pepper, more pepper than salt, grey or silver tone???  Oh the possibilities 😲 🤔

It’s already been 15 months since I last dyed my hair and so far, I’m so happy with my decision, how it is coming in and the freedom of not having to dye my hair every 4-6 weeks!  I can’t wait to see how far it will have grown out by the time we hit the road!  My plan is to get it cut to my shoulder/collar bone length sometime around late September or early October just before we’re set to head off.  By then it should be 3/4 “au natural” with only the bottom quarter remaining of left over dyed hair 😃.  I’ll be sure to update this blog with a new picture once it’s all grown out.  I figure in another 6 months or so.

Until next time/Hasta la proxima vez!

Current - 15 months of no dye
May 29, 2020

Some transition pictures...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts