December 8, 2023

Day 3 - Tuesday October 17, 2023

We left the WA DOT rest stop at 9:30 a.m. headed into Oregon.  On this day we drove through Deadman Pass, a steep and long climb with beautiful scenery.  Many canyons full of all kinds of different hues of green spruce and evergreen trees. Somehow I didn’t take any pictures though…?? I did a google search and found one shot that shows all the hues of green.  Click here to go to that site to see the shot.

It was on this day that I pulled out the new window shades I had bought off Amazon.  And WOW, do they work GREAT! They cling to the window creating shade wherever you want it AND, you can still see through them.  Although I kept the mirrors clear, Dan said he could see through them from the driver seat too. I was pleasantly surprised how well they work to block the sun AND how well they stay put.   Sure beats the towel I’ve hung from the sun visor in previous years!

LOVE my new cling shades.  You can see the shade on the right hand side of the picture.
HeyZeus stretching his legs during a mid day pit stop
“Thanks for taking me out Mom”
NOI’m not ready to go back yet!
We ended our day at a new spot for us,  the Weatherby Rest Area in Oregon.  Access to it is via an exit that takes you through an underpass to the opposite side of the highway.  It’s a peaceful spot, nestled in the shadow of large hills. Although highway noise was loud when we stopped in the early afternoon, it quieted down in the evening.  And surprisingly even though nestled in what feels like a valley below large hills, the cell signal was excellent.  A really nice stop with beautiful trees displaying the colours of fall.
I love fall foliage!

Day 3 Summary - WA DOT Rest Area, Yakima WA to Weatherby Rest Area, Oregon
Departure Time - 9:30 a.m.
Arrival Time - 3:55 p.m.
Total distance driven - 275 miles
Fuel - $203 US ($277 Cdn) 42.9 gallons @ $4.739/g
Accommodation - $0




No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts